The government met with Faith leaders and they agreed to keep places of worship open. Some (including catholic parishes of the Diocese have decided to close). At this time the obligation to go to Mass has been removed and each of you will have to make an informed personal decision about your attendance to Mass.
We have gone back to a 2-meter separation in the benches, allowing only two spaces (for individuals or family bubbles).
For time being St Catherine’s will be open as usual and Masses will be celebrated as announced. We will monitor the needs of the parish and the choices people make and change things if necessary. Fr Javier is happy to hear your thoughts, ideas and concerns on this matter.
- Please sanitise your hands when you arrive and wear a mask. Keep a safe distance at all times.
- Please seat in any available space. It would be helpful if you do not seat by the central aisle. Once in your space do not move till directed by the stewards.
- There will be no collection during mass. Please give your contribution as you leave the church or online.
- For communion, wait till the steward asks you to move. If you cannot queue, Fr Javier will come to you. Communion will be distributed only under one kind and on the hand.
- At the end, wait to be ushered by the steward. If you are on the pulpit side, leave through the main aisle and the main door; if you are on the font side, leave by the side aisle and the side door.
- If you want to stay praying or light up a candle, wait in your place. Only light the candle when people have cleared the area.
- The toilets are now in use. Please follow the guidance posted. Do not throw wipes to the toilets. If the toilets are blocked they will be closed.
- We need to record your presence. Please use the QR code or give your details when entering the church. This is to assist the Track and Trace.
- Above all, be sensible, be aware of the people around you and respect them.